Sweet Whole Wheat Pancakes
photo by Boomette
- Ready In:
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients except berries.
- Mix well.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients.
- Mix until smooth.
- Lightly coat a griddle with non-stick cooking spray.
- Ladle approximately 1/4 cup batter on griddle.
- Sprinkle with berries.
- Cover berries with additional batter.
- Cook until bubbles form.
- Flip and cook other side until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wonderful, delicate, flavorful pancakes! I made these for DS & DH, but I snagged a bite to taste it. They were excellent--much better than our usual pancake recipe, and ever so much healthier! I used 3/4 cup all-purpose flour plus 1 tsp baking powder, nonfat milk, and nonfat buttermilk. I was concerned that 1 cup of blueberries wouldn't be enough for all those pancakes (I got 13 large pancakes), but it was exactly the right amount, with about 6-8 berries per pancake. Thanks so much for sharing, CoffeeB! Made for Everyday is a Holiday tag game.
Lovely fluffy pancakes. I used 1 tbsp of Splenda, no sugar added syrup and skim milk and soured (with lemon) skim for the buttermilk. As dh was having breakfast with me I skipped the added fruit and just added some cinnamon because he doesn't want "chunks" of any kind in his pancakes. They are very flavorful, quick to make up and the recipe works beautifully. Made for Photo Tag.