Sweet Potato Waldorf Salad
- Ready In:
- 4 medium sweet potatoes
- 4 baking apples (I use Jonagold)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- Wash & peel the sweet potatoes, (Sometimes I peel 'em, sometimes I don't!) then cut them into 1-inch cubes & put them in a vegetable steamer.
- Steam over boiling water 10 to 15 minutes or until tender but still firm. Set them aside to cool.
- Scrub the apples, then core & cut them into 1-inch cubes. Put the cubed apples in a container with a lid, then add the lemon juice & sugar, tossing to coat the apples.
- In a large bowl, combine the raisins, nuts, salt, sweet potatoes & apples.
- In a small bowl, mix the yogurt & mayonnaise to make a dressing, then toss the dressing with the sweet potato-&-apple mixture before chilling & serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!