Sweet Potato Honey Biscuits
Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
- Ready In:
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, in bits
- 3⁄4 cup mashed sweet potato
- 1⁄2 cup half-and-half
- 1⁄3 cup creamed honey
- If using sweet potato or yam from a can, make sure to rinse the syrup from it before mashing.
- If using a freshly-baked sweet potato, peel, mash, and let cool before using in recipe.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and nutmeg.
- With a pastry blender utensil or two knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Stir in the mashed sweet potato, half and half, and honey to make dough.
- Turn out the dough onto a floured surface.
- With floured hands, knead the dough lightly a few times to bring the texture together.
- Roll or pat dough evenly to make it 3/4-inch thick.
- With a floured 2 3/4-inch round biscuit cutter, cut into 8 rounds.
- You will need to gather scraps and re-roll to get 8 rounds.
- Place rounds on prepared baking sheet with a flat spatula and bake 20 minutes or until golden.
- Transfer to wire rack and let cool.
- Good served with ham, cheese, and honey mustard!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I choose to make these out of all the honey biscuits for the fact it has a vegetable in it, which is always good for you! These were yummy even before they were baked in the oven Although expected them to be more crunchyonce done, Still yummy though. I didnt know how to cut the mix with the knives so i rubbed the mixture with my hands & also substituted the creamed honey for regular honey as we'd just bought a big bucket from our local honey man TY for this recipe Julesong my 1 year old will love these!Reply
see 2 more