Sweet Pea and Avocado Vichyssoise
- Ready In:
- 1 large ripe avocado (peeled, pitted and cut into 2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup frozen baby peas (thawed)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced (white and light green parts only)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons salsa, divided (store-bought)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- In a food processor, combine the avocado and peas and process until smooth. Add the broth, scallions, lemon juice, sour cream and 3 tablespoons of the salsa. Process until combined. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Transfer to a bowl, cover, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Ladle into small cups, garnish with a spoonful of the remaining salsa, and serve at once.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!