Sweet Green Bean Bundles
Very nice side dish from my friend, Judy. These green beans are so yummy! So easy and you can prepare the day before (uncooked) and refrigerate. Cook and serve.
- Ready In:
- 1hr 5mins
- Reserve juice from green beans (I only use 2/3 of the bean juice).
- Take ½ slice of bacon and lay 10-12 green beans in middle. Wrap bacon around bundle of beans and weave the toothpick through the bacon to hold it together.
- Lay bundles in a jellyroll type pan.
- Mix 1/3 cup brown sugar with bean juice and pour over bean bundles.
- Pour melted butter over all.
- Sprinkle allspice on bacon.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes and turn bundles.
- Sprinkle with allspice and bake 15 minutes.
- (You can reduce the cooking time and turn the broiler on for a couple of minutes to brown bacon).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION