Sweet and Spicy Couscous Salad
From the California Table Grape Commission. I have made this as a take to work lunch. Very filling and delicious.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup quick-cooking couscous
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1⁄2 cup dried apricot, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped of fresh mint
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Bring 1 cup of chicken broth to a boil; stir in couscous.
- Remove from the heat and cover.
- Let stand until cool and then fluff with a fork; transfer into a large bowl.
- Add in grapes, pine nuts, apricots, green onions, parsley, and mint.
- Next add oil, lemon juice, 1/4 cup chicken broth, cinnamon, salt, pepper, and cayenne; let stand for 30 minutes before serving to let flavors mingle; may cover and chill for up to 24 hours; bring to room temperature before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was a nice couscous but I think I will stick to method of pouring the hot liquid over the couscous and then cover than pouring into the hot liquid, I seem to always get a fluffier result with the 1st. As we don't care for mint I used all parsley and had to sub sultanas for the grapes, and toasted almond flakes for the pine nuts and I only used half the dressing mix as I thought it would be too sloppy with it all and I scaled back to 2/3 cup of cous which as the only side to recipe #458977 by weekend cooker was plenty for 3 of us. Thank you ratherbeswimmin'. made for Bargain Basement.Reply