Sweet and Salty Walnuts and Cashew Mix
photo by Cook4_6
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
4 Cups of Nuts
- 1 egg white, large
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 cups walnuts, unsalted
- 2 cups cashews, unsalted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat even to 250 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat egg white with water until foamy.
- Add remaining ingredients, and mix well.
- Spread the mixture on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake until the nuts are mostly dry, but slightly sticky about 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and stir. Reduce the oven to 200 degrees, and return the nuts to the oven.
- Bake until crisp, about 30 more minutes.
- Stir to loosen the nuts from the parchment, cool completely.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am originally from Minneapolis, Minnesota and moved to Ohio in 1978. It was quite a culture shock going from the city to living next to the Amish. I spend most of my time cooking, cleaning and caring for my four kids. I have abandoned cookbooks and now cook from favorite, wilted recipe pages and the internet. I fell in love with my Italian family recipes (Scavo, Rotella, Scalzo, Micelli, Grande, Gigliotti) and my Mom's homecooked meals.