Swedish Wiener Dish (Svensk Pølseret)
- Ready In:
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 -2 tablespoon margarine
- 4 -5 smoked pork sausage, sliced (European wieners)
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 1⁄2 lbs potatoes, cooked and thickly sliced (about 5 medium potatoes)
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste (1/2 of a 5.5 ounce can)
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup cream (or evaporated milk)
- In a large skillet or a dutch oven, melt margarine over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until clear and golden, 5-10 minutes.
- Add wiener slices and paprika, cook for 2-3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low and add potato slices, tomato paste and milk. Let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Add cream and simmer 5 more minutes. Garnish with chives to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a stay-at-home-mom, or rather, drive-around-in-the-minivan mom to DS7, DD6, DD5 and DS1. DH is lactose intolerant so I have learned to work around that in my recipes. I started baking cookies and such when I was about 9, and cooking daily suppers when I was 13 so I have been in the kitchen for a good percentage of my life already. It's a good thing that it's my favourite place to be! My favourite appliance is a rice cooker, with the Kitchenaid mixer running a close second. DH bought a Traeger wood pellet barbecue for Mother's Day a few years ago and it is amazing. I almost always wear an apron in the kitchen because I'm a sloppy cook and stained too many shirts. My favourite is from www.ashtongreen.com, a Canadian website that sells great kitchen stuff. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/IWasAdoptedfall08.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j166/ZaarNicksMom/PACsticker-Adopted.jpg">