- Ready In:
- 3 egg whites, room temperature
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 20 Ritz crackers, crushed (round butter flavored crackers)
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Add baking powder. Beat a few seconds.
- Fold in alternately sugar, cracker crumbs and nuts.
- Add vanilla mixing gently.
- Pour into a buttered 8 or 9 inch pie plate.
- Place in oven and reduce temperature to 250 degrees.
- Bake 45 minutes.
- Cool and place in fridge to chill.
- Cover with Cool Whip and return to fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Moved from Maine in late 2006. If I listed all the foods and products I miss from the New England region I could fill a book. Having a hard time adjusting to the lack of choices at the grocery stores here. Really now, why is it that Cain's Sweet Relish is made in MN and I can get it in New England and not in Indiana? I prefer haddock, and no, catfish is not a substitute! Don't get me started on the pitiful deli selections! I make it back to Maine at least once a year with a BIG cooler in tow.