Supple Citrus Hand and Foot Scrub
To keep your hands and feet soft and supple, use this! Lemons and limes are a great source of natural fruit acids that dissolve dry skin and sugar is an excellent exfoiator. This recipe comes from Suzi Weiss-Fischman, OPI executive vice president and artistic director, via from Better Homes & Gardens magazine. The scrub is similar to their OPI Tropical Citrus Scrub.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup sunflower oil (or safflower oil or olive oil)
- 2 -3 drops essential oils (or perfume-use your favorite for a nice smell you enjoy)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (or lime)
- Mix the sugar, oil, and oil of your choice in a small bowl.
- Squeeze the lemon or lime juice into the mixture just before you are ready to use. Citrus, if left too long, will melt the sugar crystals.
- Stir, then rub mixture onto hands and feet, paying close attention to dry spots.
- Rinse, then follow with a moisturizer. Enjoy!
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Awesome homemade scrub. My DD and I used it on our feet especially as our heels - well they are not very pretty in the winter (or summer for that matter). It helped tremendously to remove the dry skin and actually healed the rough red areas. I sent her back to college with a jar of this and the recipe so she can make some more since it is so simple. Due to skin allergies we skipped on essential oils and let the fragrance of the lemons work its magic. Thanks Sharon for a great recipe that is so cost efficient and yet so effective on our skin.1Reply
This is good and it works but I did not like the scent of the sunflower oil, I used unrefined if that makes a difference? It overpowered the Nina Ricci perfume I added and basically the freshly squeezed lemon juice as well. After rinsing I did not detect it on my skin anymore though and there was a very light lemon and perfume sent. I then covered it with the Nina Ricci lotion. Made for Veggie Swap 36 ~ July 2011.1Reply