Super Simple Vegan Black Bean Burgers
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is a low-calorie quick black bean burger and they are super cheap to make. This is loosely based on the Black Bean Burgers from Lindsay Nixon's Happy Herbivore website.
- Ready In:
- 2 2⁄3 cups cooked black beans or 15 1/2 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄3 cup old-fashioned oatmeal, coarsely ground or 1/3 cup instant oatmeal
- 1⁄2 tablespoon fiesta uncle chris' gourmet steak seasoning or 1/2 tablespoon steak seasoning, of your choice
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Preheat Oven to 425°F.
- Use either the cooked black beans or 1 15.5 oz can but not both and use either instant oatmeal or coarsely grind the old-fashioned oats in a food processor or coffee grinder and use those.
- Drain and rinse the black beans.
- Mash the black beans coarsely. You want some half beans and bean pieces left. If you mash them too much your burgers will fall apart.
- Add the spices and liquid smoke and mix to combine.
- Add the oatmeal and mix until it has a uniform texture.
- Measure 1/3 cup portions and shape into patties.
- Place your patties on a greased or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake for 7-10 minutes until color changes and they appear crispy.
- Carefully flip burgers.
- Bake until remaining side appears crispy. It should take about 7-10 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION