Super Easy Potatoe Skins
photo by teresas
- Ready In:
- 2 small baking potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese
- 8 tablespoons sour cream
- Pre-heat the broiler on your oven.
- Wash the potatoes thoroughly.
- Poke the potato 4-6 times with a fork to let moisture out during "baking".
- OPTIONAL: Rub butter on the out side of the potato and season with garlic, salt, pepper, or what ever seasoning you would like to give it a little extra flavor.
- Put the potatoes on a plate and put cook in the microwave for 10 minutes.
- While the potatoes are baking, cook the bacon. I did it in the broiler to save on an extra pan and keep it easy. Just keep an eye on it so they don't burn. I just laid the bacon out on my broiler pan and put it right under the broiler.
- Once the potatoes are done, take them out and slice them in half.
- Use a spoon to scoop out a little of the inside to form a small shallow "bowl" with the potato.
- Chop the cooked bacon and sprinkle some in each of the potato "bowls" I plan for appx one slice per potato half.
- Next, Sprinkle cheese over the potatoes. I say 1/2 cup for 4 halves just as a general guess. You can go light or go heavy, how ever you prefer.
- Put the potatoes on a broiler pan, if you used one for the bacon, or even just a cookie sheet.
- Put the pan directly under the broiler and cook until the cheese melts and starts to brown.
- Remove from oven.
- Top with desired amount of sour cream and serve.
- Optional: you can sprinkle fresh chives or green onion on top after the sour cream.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I've made this twice now...and both times I haven't been disappointed...this is like the most basic potato skin recipe...you can really add onto it..the ingredients are unlimited...but I just used the basic's...I followed the recipe...but just added a touch more bacon on top for extra color and flavor...I can see adding some spicy salsa...thanks for posting the recipe...Made for Spring 2014 PAC...=)
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Like most everyone else on this site, I LOVE to cook. I really enjoy trying new recipes and adding my own flair to them. I never make a dish exactly the same way twice, I'm always improving it. Plus I tend to improvise a lot when I'm in the kitchen.