Super-Crunchy “fried” Chicken
photo by loof751
- Ready In:
- In medium bowl, whisk buttermilk, egg whites and hot sauce until blended; add chicken pieces and turn to coat.
- Let marinate at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Combine cornflake crumbs, paprika, thyme, garlic powder and salt in a shallow dish.
- Lift chicken pieces, one at a time, from buttermilk mixture and coat in seasoned crumb mixture.
- Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Lightly spray crumb coating with cooking spray.
- Bake 16 to 18 minutes, until browned on the outside, chicken is no longer pink in it’s thickest part, and crumb coating is crusty.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
delicious! i sliced my chicken into thin strips so i doubled the breading ingredients and i drizzled the chicken with melted butter before baking. other than that, i stayed true to the recipe and it was fantastic! the chicken was crunchy on the outside and moist on the inside. my toddler loved these!! thanks for the keeper! made for photo tag!