Summer Zucchini Tuscan Pasta
photo by Enjolinfam
- Ready In:
- 1 lb small shell pasta (I used Barilla Piccolini Wheels)
For the flavored oil
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil, mixed with
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, minced
- 4 -5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 zucchini, halved and sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil, and cook according to package directions until al dente.
- Over medium heat, add a couple tablespoons of the flavored olive oil to a skilelt, and sautee the zucchini for a couple minutes until bright green.
- Gently stir in the beans, 1/3 - 1/2 cup remaining olive oil, and the tomatoes with their juice. Heat through and reduce heat to low until pasta finishes cooking.
- Drain pasta and toss with sauce.
- Check for seasoning, the flavored oil should be enough, but it's always nice to check.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I LOVED this yummy pasta! The wonderful smells from the rosemary and garlic had my stomach growling as I prepared it! I used vegeroni pasta, I only used 1/3 cup olive oil which was enough for me and made it a little healthier, and added a little garlic salt to taste. I will be making this again! Thanks for another fantastic recipe. Made for the 3rd veg*n swap in Oct 2008.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Friend me on Facebook: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/rebekah.reid" title="Rebekah Reid" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Rebekah Reid</a> | <a href="http://www.facebook.com/badges.php" title="Make your own badge!" target="_TOP" style="font-family: "lucida grande",tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #3B5998; text-decoration: none;">Create Your Badge</a><a href="http://www.facebook.com/rebekah.reid" title="Rebekah Reid" target="_TOP"><img src="http://badge.facebook.com/badge/1059979755.389.889814801.png" alt="Rebekah Reid" style="border: 0px;" /></a> Follow me on <a href="http://twitter.com/Becky_R">Twitter!</a> <a href="http://web.me.com/kozmic_blues">My Website!</a> <a href="http://beckystastyplanet.blogspot.com/">Food Blog!</a> <a href="http://gallery.mac.com/kozmic_blues">Photo Gallery!</a> Thanks for visiting my "About Me" page!! I'm Becky and I live in Providence, Rhode Island. I probably enjoy cooking more than almost anything...which is why I adore this site so much!! Nothing makes me more happy than to create a meal for family and friends to share together and ENJOY. <img src=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:mxVQnIIYIrpqKM:http://quakeragitator.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/autism_awareness_logo3.jpg><img src=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:AfhXhWEtLQYbVM:http://www.marriageequalityri.org/photos/shop.a1.jpg><img src=http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:iSI4l3JhSOqKPM:http://marriagerights.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/gay-pride-flag-738850.jpg><img src=http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:1J1-2O7PWW4c5M:http://www2.hawaii.edu/~mccorkhi/vegan.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/vegnswap.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegn%20swap/group07kiwi.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group02banana.jpg> <img src=http://i335.photobucket.com/albums/m445/mliss29/vegnswap1/group12starfruit.jpg>