Summer Squash Salad
photo by WiGal
- Ready In:
- Pour enough oil in skillet to cover. Place over medium high heat and add 1/3 of the garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in 1/3 of zucchini and summer squashes and cook another 2 minutes or until squash is wilted and browns on the edges. Transfer to serving dish or bowl.
- Repeat two more times with the remaining squash and garlic.
- Before transferring last batch to bowl stir in vinegar and then return all the squash back to the skillet along with the oregano.
- Return all to serving dish.
- Serve while still warm or at room temperature.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Fantastic recipe and so easy to make! I used my big wok & cooked it all up at once. I am the only one who really cares about summer squash in this family, but everybody enjoyed it. it will be made again in the summer! This would be a good picnic item. i like how the squash retains some crunch & isn't cooked to mush. Made for April '10 Veggie Swap VIP!! Congratulations, ellie_!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love cooking and trying different foods, but my favorite cookbooks are now Weight Watchers or low fat/low cal cookbooks as I tend to try and make low fat/low cal recipes. I lost over 90 pounds on Weight Watchers and have maintained for over a year now -- so my cooking/eating habits have changed drastically following my weight loss and to keep it off!</p>