Sugar Free Gingerbread
- Ready In:
- 125 g unsalted butter, softened
- 1 medium pear
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups plain flour
- 1⁄2 cup wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup self-raising flour
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- Cut flesh off the pear and microwave for 1 minute. Puree the cooked pear when it has cooled.
- Cream butter, pear puree and golden syrup in a small bowl for about 2 minutes.
- Gradually add the egg, beating well after each addition.
- Sift the dry ingredients into the butter mixture and with a knife until just combined.
- Combine the dough with well floured hands, knead for two minutes then cover with glad wrap and place in fridge for 15 minutes.
- Roll out dough so it is 1cm thick, cut out shapes and bake for for 8-10 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!