Stuffing Sweet and Spicy
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped very small (about 1 cup)
- 4 stalks celery, chopped very small (about 1 cup)
- 2 1⁄2 cups chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1 lb roll of hot spicy sausage
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 14 ounces herb seasoned stuffing mix
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan until melted.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until they're soft.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, remove the pan from the heat.
- Add the stuffing and mix lightly.
- In a separate skillet, break up and brown the sausage.
- Once sausage is browned, add the crushed red pepper and cook for another 2 minutes on low.
- Add the sausage to the stuffing mixture.
- Add the honey and stir everything lightly.
- Spoon the stuffing mixture into a greased 3-quart casserole and cover.
- Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes or until the stuffing mixture is hot.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love to cook and try different recipes.