Stuffed Leg of Lamb
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- Heat oven to 200°C.
- Hold the lamb with the flesh side towards you and cut slices about 2cm apart through to the bone-a bit like cutting chops but not through the bone.
- Mix the fresh bread crumbs parsley, garlic, capers, anchovies, lemon rind and oil.
- Using your hands, place stuffing between the slices.
- Tie the leg with string to hold the slices together-this can be a bit tricky, a spare pair of hands makes it easier.
- Scatter rosemary over the leg.
- Place in a baking dish and cook at 180 C for about 2 hours.
- When you carve, instead of slices you end up with tasty, chunky fingers of lamb.
- Enjoy !
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Absolutely superb! A very impressive recipe. The stuffing is so easy to prepare and while it is a little fiddly tying the leg to hold the stuffing it is very much worth the effort. One of the best meat dishes we have eaten. Fantastic cooked in a Webber BBQ or in the oven where it maid yummy gravy. Well done and thankyouso much !