Stuffed Kudzu Leaves
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Gather medium size young kudzu leaves (the very big ones have tough center and radiating stem veins).
- Wash leaves.
- Drop into salted boiling water.
- Blanch for 2-3 minutes, separating leaves.
- Drain and remove to a plate to cool.
- Remove heavy center stems from the leaves by using a knife and cutting down each side of the stem to about the middle of the leaf.
- Mix all the stuffing ingredients together.
- Push cut together and fill with 1 teaspoon stuffing and roll in the shape of a cigar.
- Place something in bottom of a large pan so that rolled leaves will not sit directly on the bottom of the pan.
- The round rack that comes with a pressure cooker works very well (soup bones also work well).
- Arrange kudzu rolls alternately in opposite directions.
- When all are in the pot, pour in tomatoes, salt, and garlic, cut in half.
- Press down with an inverted dish and add water to reach dish.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Cover pot and cook for 40 minutes.
- Add lemon juice and cook 10 minutes more.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!