Strawberry Shortcake Pie
- Ready In:
shortcake recipe 239034
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup Splenda sugar substitute
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 large egg
- 3⁄4 cup skim milk
fresh strawberry pie recipe 16881
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 quarts fresh ripe strawberries (, , put in lg. bowl)
- 8 ounces whipped cream
- chocolate syrup
- Pre Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease 9 inch pie dish.
- Combine the flour, Splenda, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Cut the butter into the dry ingredients with a pastry blender or a large fork.
- Whisk the egg into the milk.
- Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour the wet mixture into the well.
- Mix with a fork until the ingredients just stick together.
- Spread out about half the mixture into the 9 inch pie dish until the dough is about 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick depending on how thick you like your cake/crust.
- Bake for about 10 to12 minutes until it has risen and is no longer doughy in the middle.
- While the crust is cooling Mix and cook first 4 ingredients of the pie filling until thicker and more clear .
- Slice strawberries length wise.
- Remove from heat, add gelatin, and stir for 2 minutes. (do not add other cup of water like stated on box.).
- Pour over strawberries and let cool.
- After filling has cooled and starts to set very slightly pour into pie crust and allow to cool in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- Top with 8 oz of whipped cream and drizze chocolate syrup on top if desired.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I am a father of two who works 4 days a week. I took advantage of this extra time off to learn to cook and my wife loved it. I enjoy cooking, baking, bowling, spending time with my kids, bass fishing, and other outdoor activities. I read up on the OAMC cooking just before the holidays and got to try a few recipes and loved it. I will pursue this for workday meals but I still enjoy cooking when I have my time off. Thank you all for the great recipes!</p>