I found this in our local newspaper. I have not tried it but it sounds good on a hot summer day.
- Ready In:
- 3 -4 large fresh strawberries, thinly sliced, plus 1 whole berry for garnish
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 large basil sprig, plus extra for garnish
- 1 1⁄2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce lemon juice
- 3 -4 ounces chilled soda water
- In a small bowl, combine the strawberries and sugar, toss well. Let sit for 15 minutes.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the basil and strawberries and any juice collected in the bowl. Gently crush using a muddler or wooden spoon.
- Fill the shaker with ice, then add the vodka and lemon juice. Cap the shaker.
- Shake vigorously. Pour into a large glass, then top with soda water. Stir.
- Garnish with a strawberry and fresh basil.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Excellent drink! This was so refreshing in 100+ degree weather. I love basil in lemonade & I love strawberry lemonade. You just cannot go wrong with putting them all together! :) I used fresh squeezed lemon & Absolute brand vodka. I think the confectioner's sugar was especially nice, as after soaking up the strawberry juice it was a nice smooth texture instead of grainy, like granulated sugar. I muddled in the shaker with my wooden tart press. Made as a thank you for taking the time to review my Recipe #353991, as your account does not accept zmail to thank you that way. :) I'm really glad I got to try this one & will be making it again & again! Thanks, Spencer!