Strawberry Pate De Fruits
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
From _Self_ magazine, Dec 2008.
- Ready In:
- 2hrs 30mins
- 2 cups frozen strawberries, thawed
- 1 3⁄4 tablespoons apple dry pectin (available at health food stores)
- 2 cups sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- Line a rimmed 9x12" baking sheet (which is at least 1/4" deep) with parchment paper.
- Puree strawberries in blender until smooth. Transfer to a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together pectin powder and 3 tbsp sugar. When puree boils, sprinkle powder over puree and stir until it dissolves; boil 2 minutes.
- Add 1 3/4 c sugar in 3 increments, stirring until it dissolves, then another 15 seconds after each addition.
- Add corn syrup, stir well, then cook 3 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Off heat, add lemon juice and stir well. Pour into lined baking sheet and spread evenly. Allow to cool 2 hours, until set.
- With a sharp knife, cut into 1" squares. Taking a few pieces at a time, toss in remaining 3 tbsp sugar to coat. Keeps at room temperature in an airtight container up to 1 month.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION