Strawberry Margarita Swordfish
This beautiful and delicious recipe is so unusual; it's perfect for entertaining. This is from Linda Larsen’s Guide to Busy Cooks.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup margarita mix
- 3 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 lbs swordfish steaks
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups strawberries, halves
- 1⁄2 cup pretzel, coarsely broken and chopped (like bread crumbs for stuffing)
- In shallow bowl, combine margarita mix, lime juice and garlic;Add steaks, cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- When ready to eat, remove fish from marinade and place on broiler pan; Brush with marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and Broil 4" from heat for 5 minutes.
- Carefully turn fish with large spatula and Brush with rest of marinade and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- Broil 4-5 minutes longer until fish flakes easily with fork.
- Discard any remaining marinade.
- Sprinkle fish with strawberries and pretzel crumbs and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Beautiful AND Delicious. This is THE PERFECT Valentines Day meal. The sweet strawberies pair perfectly with the tart lime marinade giving such a special flavor to this amazing dish! For even more lime flavor some lime zest would be terrific. I wanted a 'sauce' to accompany the flaky, grilled fish so I used the same measurements given for the marinade, combining them in a saucepan with a handful of strawberries, bringing it to a boil and reduced by half. Really wonderful dish NMC! You should be extremely proud of this one! Thanks for sharing!