Strawberry - Kiwi Fingerprint Cookies
photo by YummySmellsca
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup non-hydrogenated shortening
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 7 (1 g) packets almond flavoured stevia
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1 1⁄4 cups triticale flour (or whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup dried kiwi, slices diced
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam (like Vegan Strawberry Curd (Slightly Soused!))
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone.
- Cream together shortening, sugar, stevia, salt, vanilla and almond milk until well combined.
- Add the flour and baking powder and mix until a stiff dough is almost formed, then add the kiwi and mix inches.
- Form balls of the dough and place on the sheets (they don't spread that much) and press your finger into the centres to make indents.
- Fill with the curd or jam.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cool completely on the sheets.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>Montessori teacher, nutritionist and pastry chef: baking is my passion, but teaching the value of good food to whole families is close to my heart too! I have a passion for re-instilling the love of good-quality, home-made and mostly healthy food into the hearts and kitchens of children and their families today. I believe that any ?homemade? food, even when labelled as naughty, is a more wholesome treat than pre-packaged, cookie-cutter junk.</p> 9408826"