Straw and Hay
photo by Sharlene~W
- Ready In:
- 2 chopped onions
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup butter, divided
- 8 ounces ham, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash nutmeg
- 1 dash sage
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- boiling water
- 8 ounces fettuccine pasta
- 8 ounces spinach fettuccine
- 1⁄2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In medium skillet, sauté onions and garlic in 1/4 cup butter until onion is golden.
- Stir in ham, mushrooms, basil, salt, nutmeg, sage, thyme and pepper; sauté 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/2 cup cream.
- Cook, stirring until slightly thickened.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- In large deep skillet, melt remaining butter over low heat, blend in remaining 1/2 cup cream.
- Add pasta; toss lightly to coat with sauce.
- Add 1/2 ham and mushroom sauce and Parmesan cheese.
- Toss thoroughly.
- Make a well in the center of the pasta; pour in remaining ham and mushroom sauce.
- Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in the San Francisco area and love it here. I discovered Recipezaar (then Food.com..Genius Kitchen) in 2001 and have been so happy to have my favorite recipes stored safely here. I am mother to 7 and grandmother to 7. I love to knit, smock, sew, etc., but my favorite hobby of the moment is traditional rug hooking. This is a sample of what I do.? It's called "November".? I dyed most of the wool myself. It is made from wool flannel, cut into strips a little less than 1/4" and then worked into a linen backing. This is my 3rd rug.