Stevia Whole Wheat Banana Bread
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter or 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup ripe banana, smooshed or mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon stevia powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a 9x5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter/oil, bananas, vanilla, eggs, and milk.
- In a medium bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, soda, stevia, salt).
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in the nuts.
- Pour into pan and bake for about 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes to set, then remove from the pan and cool completely on a rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Bottom line: It is delicious. <br/><br/>Other things: Mine was done after 45 minutes, so try checking it early if you don't want it crispy. For the sweetener, the recipe calls for 1 tsp stevia, but different powders have different concentrations, so one tsp stevia could mean a bunch of different things. I added a tsp of "Spoonable Stevia" and two packets of Truvia. I also substituted almond meal for half of the flour, which worked great. I will definitely be making this again. It's wonderful that something so good for you can be so healthy.