Steamed Chicken, Shiitake & Water Chestnut Dumplings
- Ready In:
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 100 g shiitake mushrooms, trimmed, finely chopped
- 150 g ground chicken
- 1⁄2 cup sliced water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 24 wonton wrappers
- soy chilli dipping sauce
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons chinese black vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 small red chili
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- substitute tamari for lower salt
- substitute splenda for caster sugar
- Heat oil in wok or large frying pan on high. Add garlic and ginger and stir-fry for 30 seconds. Add mushrooms and stir-fry for 1 -2 minutes. Allow to cool in a bowl.
- Mix mince, water chestnuts, sauce and chopped coriander into mushroom mixture, using your hands to combine.
- Place wonton wrappers on a clean surface and cover with a damp towel to prevent drying.
- Place a heaped teaspoon of filling in the middle of each wrapper. rush the edges of the wrapper with a little water. Fold in from the corners. Pinch to seal.
- Line a steamer basket with baking paper. Half fill wok or steamer base with water (ensure steamer doesn't touch water) and bring to the boil. Place wontons in batches in the steamer for 6 -7 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with sauce.
- NOTE: Works GREAT in a rice steamer lined with lettuce leaves.
- SOY CHILLI DIPPING SAUCE. Blend all ingredients together to dissolve sugar. NOTE: seed, finely diced chilli.
- HELPFUL HINT: Make in advance. Keep chilled on a tray dusted with cornflour.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>G'day! I'm 51, married, born and bred in NY, am now an Aussie who calls Australia home! I love animals, nature, reading, entering competitions and consider myself S-P-O-N-T-A-N-E-O-U-S and B-U-B-B-L-Y in my personality! I am quite FASCINATED with people and things U-N-I-Q-U-E, JUST like ME! I am VERY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about cooking and trying recipes from all world cusines! I LOVE to eat and enjoy our South Australian red wine! :)I have started a Home Cook blog which I am EXTREMELY P-A-S-S-I-O-N-A-T-E about called What's On The List? and I hope to be able to inspire people around the world one recipe and one event at a time too! http://whatsonthelist.net So come on over and please let me know what you think too!WHOO HOO WHOO HOO!</p>