Steamed Asparagus With Almond Butter
A simple but elegant way to serve asparagus. This can also be prepared one day ahead. From Bon Appetit, Keep It Simple cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon peel, grated
- 2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy small skillet over low heat.
- Add shallots and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour into medium bowl.
- Add remaining 6 tablespoons butter, parsley, lemon juice and peel to shallot mixture and whisk to blend.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Steam asparagus until crisp-tender.
- (Can be made 1 day ahead; cover butter mixture and asparagus separately; chill).
- Place butter mixture in heavy large skillet over medium heat.
- Add almonds and cook until butter browns, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add asparagus and stir until heated through.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Divide asparagus among plates.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION