Steaks With Sherried Crab Cream
photo by kymgerberich
- Ready In:
- Place the butter in a 2 cup glass measure and microwave uncovered at high until almost melted, about 45 seconds. Meanwhile, separate the eggs yolks into a small dish and reserve the whites for another use. Beat the yolks well with a fork. Remove the butter from the microwave and stir until completely melted.
- Stir the yolks, cream and sherry into the butter. Microwave the mixture at high, uncovered, for 1 minute and 15 seconds, stirring every 15 seconds with a fork. When done, the sauce will be slightly thick and will register 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer. Do not overcook or the sauce will curdle. Remove the sauce from the microwave, cover with plastic wrap, and set aside.
- To cook the steaks (see note) heat the oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet at medium-high. Add the steaks and begin to cook until they reach the desired degree of doneness, turning halfway through cooking. NOTE: I use 4 ounce, 1-1/2 inch thick filet mignons to medium rare, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- While the steaks cook, drain the crab meat and add it to the reserved sauce. Add the lemon juice and stir well. When the steaks are almost done, warm the sauce in the microwave, uncovered, on high for about 1 minute, stirring at 30 seconds.
- To serve, pour about 2/3 cup sauce over each steak.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I had to use the stovetop to make the sauce because I'm temporarily using a very primitive (defrost and cook are the only settings) microwave so the sauce was a little tricky for me. The taste was absolutely wonderful!!! I anticipate prep will be easier with a better microwave too! Thanks for sharing this recipe!!