photo by Food.com
- Ready In:
- 2 ounces refried beans
- 1 ounce butter
- 1 (6-inch) piece French bread, split lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 6 pickled jalapeno peppers, slices
- 6 slices onions
- 5 slices tomatoes
- 4 ounces sliced beef knuckle steak
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 3 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices ham
- 1⁄2 avocado, sliced
- 2 ounces chipotle mayonnaise
- Preheat a grill over medium heat. Spread the refried beans and butter on the bread, and put it on the grill to get toasty, 1 to 2 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan heat half of the oil over medium heat, and saute the mushrooms, jalapenos, onions and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle the steak with salt and pepper and grill to desired temperature, about 5 minutes.
- Layer the cheese, ham, avocados, cooked vegetables and steak onto the sandwich. Then spread the chipotle mayo on top and cut in half to serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!