Steak and Peppers Risotto
- Ready In:
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1⁄2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1 lb flank steak
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 medium red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped mushroom
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- parmesan cheese
- Keep chicken stock simmering in a sauce pot.
- In a dutch oven, heat butter and 2 Tbsp olive oil.
- Cook yellow onion until tender, 3 minutes.
- Add rice and cook over medium-low heat for 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup stock and stir constantly.
- Continue to add stock and stir until rice is tender and creamy.
- Meanwhile, cut red onion, pepper, and mushrooms into thin strips.
- Saute in the rest of the oil.
- Add garlic and Worcestershire sauce and keep warm.
- Season steak with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, to taste.
- Broil or grill until medium-rare (about 6 minutes per side under the broiler). Slice cross-wise into thin strips.
- When rice is tender, add salt, pepper, and Parmesan cheese to taste.
- Stir in veggies, steak, and garnish with paprika.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!