Steak and Boursin Sandwiches
- Ready In:
- 1 (1 lb) flank steak
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 French baguettes or 4 ciabatta rolls
- 1 (5 ounce) package boursin cheese (herb or pepper)
- 2 romaine lettuce hearts, halved lengthwise
- Preheat broiler. Pat steak dry and sprinkle all over with salt and pepper. Put on rack of a broiler pan and broil 2 to 3 inches from heat, turning over once, 6 to 8 minutes total for medium-rare. Transfer to a cutting board and let stand 5 minutes.
- While steak broils, cut baguette into 4 sections, then halve each horizontally. Spread boursin over bottom halves of bread.
- While steak stands, cut off and discard core end of romaine, then lay romaine on top of Boursin.
- Cut steak across the grain into thin slices and divide among sandwiches.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Wow! Outstanding! Gourmet and restaurant quality or even better. The best steak sandwich ever!!! I can't say enough good things about it. The only change I made was to use baby arugula/baby spinach mix. I served it with a cherry tomato and bocconcini salad. Thank you for making me look like a professional chef. This will be my go to sandwich when company arrives. I'm going to check out the rest of your recipes now...
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I love cats and other animals, cooking, crocheting, and glass painting.