Star Fruit (Carambola) Chicken Salad
- Ready In:
- 40 ounces chicken breasts, boneless
- 4 star fruit, sliced
- 2 bell peppers, roasted, peeled and sliced (red or yellow)
- 10 cups lettuce greens
Oriental Mango Dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno pepper
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons basil, chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 cups diced mangoes
- 2 cups rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 cup canola oil
- salt and pepper
- Grill chicken breast, cool and slice into strips.
- Place lettuce greens in the center of a large plate or platter and alternate; placing chicken strips, roasted peppers and star fruit slices around the greens. Combine the first 8 dressing ingredients in a bowl and slowly whisk in sesame and canola oil.
- Spoon over the top of salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!