Spicy Mogul Chicken
photo by JoyfulCook
- Ready In:
- Place onion, garlic, ginger, coriander, yoghurt and all the spices together until smooth. Place boned chicken thighs in a dish. Pour over the marinade, turn the chicken over to make sure that it is coated all over, cover and leave in the fridge overnight, if possible.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or frying pan, take meat from marinade (reserve marinade) and seal both sides.
- Add all the marinade, and simmer slowly for about 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally - to begin with the marinade looks watery and not that great! After a while it slowly thickens (as the meat cooks) into thick gravy that is spooned over the top of the chicken when served.
- Serve with salads, spiced rice or my Gujarati Potatoes.Recipe #176179.
- N.B If less heat is required, cut down on the chili powder to 1/4 teaspoon.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
We now reside back in England after returning from Australia after most of our working life there. I have been fortunate enough to have lived in many countries when I was younger and therefore many of my recipes reflect this! Love to cook. love to travel too