Spicy Fried Chickpeas
Very easy, crispy nibbles as an alternative to nuts or crispy peas. Epicurious Nov. 07
- Ready In:
- vegetable oil (for deep-frying)
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained, rinsed, drained again on paper towels, and patted dry
- 3⁄4 teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- In large heavy pot, heat 3 inches oil until deep-fat thermometer registers 375°F Carefully add.
- chickpeas and fry until crisp and dark golden, 5 to 7 minutes. Using fine-mesh spider or slotted spoon,.
- transfer to paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle immediately with paprika and salt and serve hot.
- (Chickpeas can be made up to 4 hours ahead and stored at room temperature. Rewarm in microwave or broiler before serving.).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 1 more