Spicy Baked New Potatoes
photo by 2Bleu
- Ready In:
- 20 small new potatoes, cleaned and quartered
- 2 tablespoons enova oil or 2 tablespoons lite olive oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons dried chipotle powder (see my note above)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Boil quartered potatoes for 15 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly.
- Place the potatoes in a large zip-lock bag.
- Add the oil, Mrs. Dash Southwest Chipotle Seasoning Blend and kosher salt (if using).
- Shake until all the potatoes are coated.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-25 minutes or until tender and nicely browned.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
This recipe was recommended by Chef #386585. These are very yummy taters! I used red potatoes and didn't even bother to pre-cook them. I just tossed everything together and spread them on a baking sheet in a single layer. Then baked for 45 minutes and they were perfect. Nice heat using the chipolte powder. Thanks for sharing. :)
Smoky, spicy, crisp potatoes that are super easy to make. Unable to find the specified blend, I ground up 2 tsps of dried chipotle flakes with 1 tsp of Mrs. Dash Table Blend. It still was not _make-you-sweat_ hot so I added a little ground cayenne pepper to take it over the edge. I halved the amount of potatoes for the two of us but used all the seasoning. The parboiling is a great idea! The spuds got nice and crispy in 20 minutes. Thanks for posting your recipe!
see 7 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I was one of the original members of Recipezaar that was truly a community of individuals that enjoyed each other in forums and chat rooms. I've been a member of this site since 2003. Made some tremendous friends that I still think of often. I'll continue coming here because my recipes are here and so many more that I tried over the years as a member. It's just a tad boring now and just another recipe site like all the rest. Sad.