Spicy Asian "spinach" Dip
- Ready In:
2 1/2 cups
- 1 cup sweet chili light sour cream
- 1 cup bok choy
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup spring onion
- 3 tablespoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- sourdough bread (optional)
- Wash the bok choi and chop it, discarding the stems.
- Sauté bok choi in cooking oil until it is limp and had lost all of its crunch (about 5 mins).
- Chop spring onions.
- Chop coriander.
- Put onions, bok choi, sour cream, mayonnaise and coriander into a bowl and mix, preferably with an immersion mixer or in a food processor.
- Chill for 1 hour as texture will become thicker (I served it right away once and it was still good but a bit soupy).
- Pour into hollowed out sourdough bread bowl and serve with bread pieces for dipping (optional).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
As a former Peace Corps Volunteer, I discovered Vanuatu and was hooked. After a few years away, I'm back and hopefully for good! I have returned to Vanuatu after having spent three years working and completing a Master's Degree in Paris,France. My husband is French and his mother introduced me to the art of French cooking. My béchamel is unrivaled. :) I love baking and am always willing to try out a good cookie or cake recipe. <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/KiwiDutch/3chefstag1.jpg"> <img src="http://members.aol.com/sdnt4life/HGpart.jpg" border="0" alt="Hidden Gems Spring 2007"> <img src="http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e347/Saturn6666/Other/tagforpage1.jpg">