Spicy Apple Crumble
- Ready In:
- 1hr 10mins
- 5 ounces porridge oats
- 1 ounce ground almonds
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 ounces butter
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 3⁄4 lbs apples, peeled, cored and roughly chopped
- 1 large orange, zest and juice
- 10 cardamom pods
- Heat oven to 350°F Put the oats, almonds, sesame seeds and cinnamon into a large mixing bowl. In a small pan melt the butter with the honey then stir into the oats until it looks like rough breadcrumbs - you might need to use your hands.
- Put the apples, orange zest and juice and cardamom in a pan and cook for 10 mins until softened. Pick out the cardamom pods. Spoon into a baking dish, sprinkle with the sugar and scatter with the crumble mixture.
- Bake for about 40 mins until golden and crunchy. Serve with vanilla yogurt, ice cream or custard.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I live in Manchester, UK with my fiance and young son. I work at the local hospital in pediatrics and love my job. I also love cooking!! I have a sweet tooth but try and make healthy family meals, I'm not against some lovely treats now and then though :)