Spiced Melon Mojito
From Self magazine.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄4 cup of fresh mint, chopped, plus
- 8 sprigs of fresh mint, for garnish
- 2 limes, quartered
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe, pureed with
- 1⁄2 cup sparkling water
- 1 1⁄2 cups dark rum
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In a large plastic pitcher with a lid, muddle (smash together with a muddler or wooden spoon) mint, limes and sugar.
- Stir in cantaloupe puree and 1/4 cup water.
- Add rum and ice cubes; cover and shake.
- Pour through a strainger into 8 chilled glasses and garnish each with a mint sprig.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Good mojito. I didn't find it sweet enough and I thought there was a bit too much alcohol. That being said, in my glass I muddled a little simple syrup with some additional mint, threw in some crushed ice and then poured the drink over the top which made it much better for my tastebuds. Thanks for posting!