Strawberry Vanilla Mojito
- Ready In:
- Split 2 vanilla beans and scrape insides, add scraping and pods to bottle of rum. Shake well and let sit for a week before using. The longer it sits the more intense the flavor will get. When the rum turns dark similar to a spiced rum it is ready for use.
- Make vanilla syrup. bring 1 cup of water and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved into a syrup. add insided and pods of 2 vanilla beans and cover after cooled transfer to a capped squirt bottle of plastic container.
- In a blender, or with an immersion hand mixer purree berries.
- In an old fashioned glass add the mint and limes. Muddle mint and lime until all juice is released from limes and mint has released it oils. (while muddling try not to shred the mint into small pieces, pressing down on mint and not scraping will do this).
- Add strawberry purree and vanilla syrup to lime and mint.
- Fill the glass completely with large ice cubes and add rum.
- Stir all ingredients until mixed completely and top with splash of club soda. If you wish to shake the drink I suggest straining and serving it up and strained to avoid tiny bits of mint.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!