Special K Bars
photo by Olive
- Ready In:
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 (12 ounce) jar crunchy peanut butter
- 6 cups Special K cereal
- 1 (6 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 (12 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix sugar and Karo syrup; microwave on high for 3-4 minutes, or until sugar is completely dissolved. Remove after sugar is dissolved. Do not boil. This is important. Bars will be hard as concrete if mixture continues to boil.
- Remove bowl from microwave; add crunchy peanut butter to the sugar mixture and stir until smooth. Stir in the Special K cereal and mix well.
- Pat the mixture firmly into a lightly buttered 13X9 inch pan. Using a lightly buttered or greased piece of waxed paper works great for patting down the mixture.(To make thicker bars -- use a 9x9 pan).
- In a medium bowl, combine the chocolate and butterscotch chips and microwave for about 3-4 minutes until melted; stirring once or twice during melting.
- Spread over top of cereal mixture. Refrigerate just long enough to set the chips.
- Remove, and cut into bars.
Made for Spring PAC 2008. I did not leave a star rating because I am not sure if I did something wrong. I followed the ingredients as written other then I used Splenda instead of sugar and lite karo syrup. I followed the directions as written other then i didn't put in the fridge. I wasn't using them until the next time so I let them harden on the table. The next day they were hard but so hard I could not cut them with a knife. Not sure what happened but we were unable to eat them.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p> I have been a Member since 2007.....not 2010. I haven't gotten any notifications for at least 8 months.<img title=Yell src=/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/img/smiley-yell.gif border=0 alt=Yell /></p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> </p> <p> <img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg alt=/ /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/Adopted1smp.jpg border=0 alt=Photo /> <br /><br /><img src=http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket /></p>