Special Country Breaded Chicken Sandwich
photo by Marsha D.
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup Frito Scoops, crushed (I use Tostitos Scoops)
- 1⁄2 cup dry instant mashed potatoes, crumbs
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 -4 chicken breast fillets
- 5 -6 slices bacon, fried and crumbled (reserve bacon grease for frying chicken breast)
- onion (optional)
- pickle (optional)
- Dijon mustard
- bread bun
- In a large frying pan, fry bacon til crisp.
- Remove bacon from pan and reserve grease for frying chicken breast. Set aside bacon to drain on a paper towel to cool.
- In a medium bowl combine crushed (frito)tostitos scoops,dry instant pototoes,parsley flakes,poultry seasoning, onion powder and parmesan cheese, set aside.
- In another bowl combine egg,milk,flour and salt & pepper, set aside.
- Dip chicken breast fillets in batter mixture than into breading mixture and place in hot bacon grease.
- Fry on medium heat, turning fillets every 10 minutes to keep from burning for 30 to 45 minutes, depending on how thick the fillets are.
- Make sandwich with bread buns,tomato,lettuce,onion(opt),pickles(opt),bacon, Mayonnaise and Dijon Mustard and serve with your favorite chips or a cold macaroni or potato salad.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hello to everyone! :) <br> <br>This is of me in the year 2007 and my Icon is my two boys. <br> I am from Lakewood Wa. but I am orginally from Hickory North Carolina, where I was born and raised.I moved to Washington to marry my second husband, who I met on the internet from a dating site called kiss.com. We both enjoy fishing. Mineral Lake is where we go on the weekends during the fishing season. I talk about going to the lake alot but its just because I love to get away from the big city since I'm a country girl at heart. I enjoy this website and I really love the new recipes I have found. Did I mention I love this site!! ? :) <br> <br> <br>Participation & Awards: <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/world.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <br> <br><img src="http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/DUCHESS13/ZaarWorldTourPartBanner.gif" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Derfcookathon.jpg"><img src="http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-11/484938/Spelling-Bee-stick2jpg.jpg"><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/holidaylightssticker.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Kaffee-sticker.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/PastastickerJPEG.jpg"> <br><li><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/Flourpowersticker.jpg"><img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/1956/SoupsandsaladSTICKER.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/TasteofYellowSTICKER.jpg"> <br><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BBQlSTKR.jpg"> <img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/FISHSEAFDSTICKER.jpg"> <br><img src="http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/AMpageSticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <br><img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/RedRose_FSsticker.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/BANNERS/LiteLowSTKR.jpg"><img src="http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b280/carolinamoon21/Ingredients/EZSTKR.jpg"> <br>