I'm always looking for interesting ways to make carrots because they are one of the few veggies my toddler will eat. This is a different and delicious way to make a great carrot side dish.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup carbonated lemon-lime beverage
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sugar, lemon-lime soda and carrots.
- Cook on medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes until carrots are slightly glazed.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
These were tasty. I used only 1 tbsp. of butter which I found to be just fine. I also used diet soda which I was a little worried about but it worked just fine. Like Ducky I did find that there was so much liquid to reduce that it never really glazed them. But it was sweet and the kids enjoyed it. I may try it again without the sugar to see if the soda is sweet enough so as to make sweet carrots without sugar! Thanks Kristen for a good one!Reply