Spargelcremesuppe (Cream of Asparagus Soup)
- Ready In:
- 1hr 15mins
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 cups chicken broth or 4 cups asparagus water
- 1 cup milk or 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper
- Trim, peel, and cut the asparagus into 1" pieces.
- Steam the asparagus for about ten minutes.
- Remove the asparagus and save the asparagus water to either make the chicken broth or to use in the soup and omit the chicken broth.
- In a large pot, melt the butter.
- Add the steamed asparagus and oregano. Cook in the butter for a few minutes.
- Add the flour to the asparagus, stir, then add the chicken broth or asparagus water.
- Stir again.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 to 25 minutes until the asparagus is soft.
- Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Stir in the milk or cream, then reheat but do not let the mixture boil. Season with salt and pepper.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Recipezaar to learn new recipes that are home cooked. I grew up having ready-meals like Encor and Stouffers and needed recipes that don't simply require opening a box and plopping in the oven! I enjoy cooking when I have the time to try new dishes. I make every recipe as written if I'm reviewing it to give a true review. If I make alterations that aren't in the directions, I don't feel it's a true reflection of the recipe; it's another recipe to me. <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/participantbannerzwt5.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/chefpaulag/final-1.jpg"> <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/captain.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"> <img src="http://www.recipezaar.com/members/home/329769/ninja%20bmp.jpg" width=75%> (Zaar World Tour 4) <img src="http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b399/susied214/permanent%20collection/adoptedspring08.jpg"> <a href="http://s7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/?action=view¤t=cunningcrocodiles.jpg" target="_blank"><img src="http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y254/Missymop/cunningcrocodiles.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket"></a> <img src="http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c105/jewelies/DSC_0020.jpg"> (Australia/New Zealand Swap #15)