Spanish Tortilla-Cheater's Way
This is by no means authentic, but it's tasty and easier to make than the real one. My apologies to the purists. To the practical cheaters like me, enjoy!
- Ready In:
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 large eggs, beaten
- 1 large onion
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coarse salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup grated manchego cheese, if desired
- In large non-stick pan, heat oil.
- Cook potatoes and onions together until potatoes are tender, not brown.
- Season with salt.
- Add egg mixture and cook until tortilla can be lifted with spatula.
- Add cheese and put pan under the grill until cheese is light brown and egg mixture is cooked on top.
- If you don't have a grill, bake in the oven until cheese is melted and brown.
- Remove from grill. Let stand for 10 minutes and serve.
- Accompany with fresh tomato salad.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION