Spanish Omelet With Potatoes and Chorizo
- Ready In:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 ounces spanish chorizo, sliced into thin half-moons
- 3⁄4 lb red potatoes, diced
- salt and pepper
- 3⁄4 cup parsley, roughly chopped
- 10 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup manchego cheese or 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat oven to 400°F Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, potatoes, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender, 10 minutes.
- Stir in the parsley. Pour in the eggs and stir to distribute the ingredients. Sprinkle with the cheese and transfer to oven.
- Bake the omelet until puffed and brown around the edges and a knife comes out clean, about 15 minutes.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I like animals and have cats. I enjoy pedometer walking and cooking<img src=http://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r271/copperhorse58/Zaar%20Food%20Photos/Food%20Photos%202008/herbspicesticker.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket>. <br> <br><img src=http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/stacky5.jpg> <br> <br><img src=http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a132/tgifford/Game%20Room%20Banners/AM%20Banners/KBparticipation.jpg border=0 alt=Photobucket> <br> <br><img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/CookathonforKarensticker.jpg>