Spanakopita Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- Ready In:
4 cups of dip
- 11 ounces Baby Spinach, roughly chopped
- 1 (398 ml) jar artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 6 scallions, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 lb light feta, crumbled
- 4 tablespoons fresh dill, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons of fresh mint, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F/175°C.
- Make sure the vegetables and herbs are dry before chopping them. This is to avoid the dip being too watery.
- In a lightly oiled pan, sautee the garlic for about 30 seconds.
- Add in the spinach, dill, scallions and mint, and sautee for approx 3-5 minutes or until the veggies have wilted.
- Remove from pan and drain any excess liquid.
- In a large bowl, mix together the wilted vegetables, crumbled feta, and artichokes. Add in salt and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Transfer the spinach and artichoke mixture into a baking dish, and bake uncovered for 30-35 minutes.
- Right before serving, stir in the yogurt and lemon juice. Mix well and serve.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!