Spaghetti and Spicy Roasted Pepper Meatballs
photo by PalatablePastime
- Ready In:
- 1hr 30mins
18 large meatballs
For the meatballs
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 lb ground veal (or may use ground beef or ground pork as well)
- 2⁄3 cup roasted red pepper, minced
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 onion, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup soft breadcrumbs (pulse bread slices in your food processor or crumble stale bread with fingertips)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 - 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes (adjust for preferred spiciness)
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup water
Serve meatballs with
- 1 1⁄2 - 2 quarts spaghetti sauce
- cooked spaghetti (I use Dreamfield's lower glycemic spaghetti)
- Mix together all ingredients, adding water last and using only as much water as it takes for the meat to come together without being too thick.
- Line a baking pan with nonstick foil or nonstick spray.
- Form meat mixture into 18 large meatballs, patting them lightly into large balls, and placing them evenly apart on the baking pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 40 minutes or until firm.
- Place meatballs in a large saucepan or dutch oven and cover with 1 1/2-2 quarts of spaghetti sauce and simmer over low heat for about 30 minutes.
- Serve meatballs in sauce over cooked spaghetti.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am a longtime member since 2002. While I have many recipes here, most of my current recipes are on my food blog at palatablepastime.com I may occasionally post something extra I have here. If you have questions, you can always contact me at email@example.com