Southwestern Noodle Bowl
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 lbs beef flank steak or 1 1/2 lbs beef top round steak, cut into bite-size strips
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans lower-sodium beef broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 6 ounces dried angel hair pasta
- 2 medium red bell peppers or 2 medium yellow sweet peppers, chopped
- 6 green onions, trimmed, cut in 1-inch bias slices
- 1⁄2 cup refrigerated hot-style salsa
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh oregano
- refrigerated salsa
- pepper, seasoning blend (optional)
- Season meat with cumin, salt, and pepper; set aside. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in 12-inch skillet or wok over medium-high heat; add garlic, stir-fry 15 seconds. Add half the beef at a time; stir-frying for 2 to 3 minutes or until done, and setting aside. Return beef to skillet; add broth; bring to boiling.
- Add pasta, sweet peppers, and onions to skillet. Cook, uncovered, 2 to 3 minutes,.
- until pasta is tender. Stir in the 1/2 cup salsa and oregano; heat through. Ladle into bowls; twirl pasta into nests. Top with salsa and pepper mix.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<p>I love to cook, but hate to measure ... so I pretty much guess at everything :) </p> 114807933"