Southwestern Corn Cakes
- Ready In:
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup mixed pepper, chopped (green and red)
- 17 ounces cream-style corn
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- olive, chopped
- In a skillet, saute the onions in oil and margarine until soft.
- Add the garlic and peppers and cook for about 5 minutes.
- In a large bowl beat together the corn, eggs, flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Blend in the onion mixture and cheddar cheese.
- Pour enough batter to make dollar size pancakes on a greased hot griddle.
- Cook until bubbles rise to the surface and the edges are browned.
- Turn and brown the other side.
- To serve; overlap three pancakes in a circle.
- Top with 2 tablespoons salsa, 1 tablespoon sour cream and olives.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I was going to post this recipe until I found that you already had. I got my recipe from The American Country Inn and Bed and Breakfast Cookbook. It makes a large batch for just the 2 of us, so we had it as a side dish 2 nights in a row. I did not use the garnishes, and it was still good. Thanks for posting the recipe.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
<P>I live outside of Buffalo. My name is Barb.<BR>I'm a grandmotherof three. I'm on zaar every day checking out new recipes. And there are some great ones. The picture is my granddaughter Illeana.<BR>By img src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg> <BR><IMG alt=/ src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg mce_src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Iwasadopted.jpg> <BR>my name is Barb. <IMG alt=/ src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg mce_src=http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg271/MrsTeny/Permanent%20Collection/PACSpring09Participation.jpg></P>